The purpose of the Orpheus Male Chorus of Phoenix (OMC) scholarship is to promote choral singing at all education levels through financial support of Arizona’s music students. Scholarships are given with a primary focus on vocal music to qualified students.
Scholarship Application Period:
College scholarship applications will be accepted beginning on the second Monday in January, with the final due date on the third Friday in March, for scholarships awarded to the upcoming Fall semester of the current year. Applications will be available for your use prior to the application submission period.
All other scholarship applications will be due at least 90 days prior to when the scholarship funds are needed.
Amount of Scholarship:
Scholarships are awarded to deserving candidates in an amount set by the OMC Board of Directors for each regular semester, to be awarded no more than four (4) years. Award recipients must submit an updated application and proof of registration prior to each Fall semester in order to continue receiving a scholarship award for the duration not to exceed four (4) years. College scholarship awards are typically between $500 and $1000, per year, depending on funds available in the OMC scholarship fund. Scholarships are always paid to the college or university which the applicant is attending.
Applications and submission requirements are outlined in the application form attached at the bottom of this page. Please follow the instructions in the application. If you have questions or need help with the application please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 602-271-9396 (Please leave a message with your name, contact information, and a brief description of your inquiry.)
All scholarships are awarded at the designation of the OMC Outreach committee and are awarded at the sole discretion of the OMC Board of Directors.
Scholarship Application Process
Instructions for application submission:
- Select the appropriate application for either a College Scholarship or Elementary-Secondary School Scholarship.
- Complete the application and collect all documents listed within the application for the scholarship you are requesting.
- Submit the application along with the supporting documentation by either:
- The third Friday in March for college applications to be considered for the fall semester of the current year.
- No later than Ninety (90) days prior to the date for which the scholarship is being requested for elementary and secondary students.
- Submit all documents by ONE of the following methods:
- Electronically via this LINK
- Send to:
The Orpheus Male Chorus Of Phoenix
PO BOX 64534
Phoenix, AZ 85082
If you have not been contacted by a representative of OMC within 10 days from completion of the application process, please contact us at: 602-271-9396.